- Integrity is non-negotiable.
- Inclusive Diversity & Equity values and leverages unique identities with equitable opportunity and rewards.
- Collective Success is achieved through empathy and prioritizing enterprise outcomes ahead of individuals.
Our Operating Standards
- Focus on Customers by anticipating and exceeding service expectations at low costs.
- Be the Best at protecting customers, developing talent and running our businesses.
- Be Bold with original ideas using speed and conviction to beat the competition.
- Earn Attractive Returns by providing customer value, proactively accepting risk and using analytics.
- Collaborate early and often to develop and implement comprehensive solutions and share learnings.
- Challenge Ideas to leverage collective expertise, evaluate multiple alternatives and create the best path forward.
- Provide Clarity for expected outcomes, decision authority and accountability.
- Provide Feedback that is candid, actionable, independent of hierarchy and safe.
The story of Our Shared Purpose
The story of Our Shared Purpose began 14 years ago, when Tom Wilson became CEO with the goal of making Allstate more customer focused and faster moving. A dozen senior leaders of the corporation went through what became the Energy for Life program to articulate their personal purpose and build plans to achieve it. In 2007, Allstate created a similar plan, and Our Shared Vision became the company’s new story.
Over time, the renamed Our Shared Purpose was embedded in our culture and actions. It drove innovations like Your Choice Auto and telematics. Our values of integrity, inclusive diversity, engagement, accountability and superior performance created the right kind of success. In 2014, we added a section on personal leadership because every Allstater needs to lead for the company to be successful. As Transformative Growth reshapes organizational capabilities and alignment, we updated Our Shared Purpose to help guide Allstate into the future.