Our Shared Purpose
Our journey begins in 2007, with the launch of Our Shared Vision and a renewed commitment to become a more customer-centric company. In the years that followed, that vision became a purpose — a shared purpose. Our Shared Purpose is the culmination of our commitment to the customer and community, the behaviors we need to stay competitive, the values that have guided us over 89 years and the strategy that will guide our overall business transformation and talent footprint. This is not business as usual. To stay competitive for talent, ideas and customers, we need a culture that’s ahead of evolving business needs. With rapidly changing technology and shifting consumer expectations, we’re no longer competing just in the insurance space. Data, analytics and emerging technologies will transform our business and deliver more value and a better customer experience. The ability to innovate and be nimble in the way we approach our work is table stakes, as is a customer-centric, agile culture and the willingness to lead from any seat.
Our Leadership Principles
Innovation and agility don’t exist in a vacuum. We need to empower employees to rise up, lead from their seats and drive results. The Leadership Principles represent the behaviors that will keep us at the ready, no matter the challenge. We developed the principles with input from Allstaters of various levels across the organization. They are:
- We’re here to serve.
- We win together.
- We drive results.
- We’re transparent.
- We continuously get better.
- We develop each other.
Our commitment to our values is foundational to our culture. They are non-negotiable. Without them, we risk losing the respect and admiration earned from an 88-year legacy of doing the right thing. These values guide our every action:
- Honesty, caring and integrity
- Inclusive diversity
- Superior performance
Our Operating Principles
Without our customers, Allstate would not exist. Our customer value propositions define our brands and how we differentiate ourselves from competitors. They guide practices, processes and products to deliver an outstanding customer experience. Every Allstater is a leader in winning and keeping customers. These principles guide our day-to-day operations:
- Put the customer at the center of all our actions.
- Use consumer insights, data, technology and people to better serve customers and generate growth.
- Execute well-considered decisions with precision and speed.
- Focus relentlessly on those few things that provide the greatest impact.
- Be a learning organization that leverages successes, learns from failures and continuously improves.
- Provide employees, agency owners, financial specialists and licensed sales professionals fulfilling opportunities, personal growth and performance-based rewards.
- Take an enterprise view of our people and processes, and work as a single team to advance Allstate rather than our individual interests.
Every day, we look for ways we can become an even more integral part of our customers’ lives so they can experience the good life. We don’t wait for bad to happen to do good. Our priorities ensure we focus on the things that drive the success of our business:
- Customer focus
- Operational excellence
- Enterprise risk and return
- Sustainable growth
- Capital management